Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goodbye to Fall Fun...




Fall is such a fun time of the year for the kids. They love it when the leaves change color and they begin to fall on the ground. They will spend hours raking the leaves so they can play in them. I wanted to mow them up a couple of weeks ago and they were quick to let me know that it was not time for the leaves to be removed. So for a few weeks, I have put up with tons of leaves all over the grass so the kids had some type of entertainment. It was fun seeing them strategize on how to get the perfect pile for jumping into. Then when it was almost complete, Brooke would run as fast as she could and dive into the perfect pile of leaves. Then you would hear Jase and Ellie screaming and yelling at Brooke for ruining their pile that they had spent hours perfecting. A few days ago, Jase and Ellie came in and said they would rake the leaves and put them in garbage bags if I would pay them. I agreed thinking they wouldn't stick to it very long. They at least got 2 bags full and came in requesting their money. They got their money and in return asked for a can of pop in exchange for their money. ( I guess you can tell who won out on that great idea.) After seeing they were willing to bag up the leaves, I knew they had had their fun and that it was time to get the mower out and pick up all of the leaves. Today I looked out the window and saw no more leaves on the lawn, but tomorrow, we might have white stuff (SNOW) to compensate for no more leaves. Goodbye Fall... until next year!

5 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

At least you have trees around your house so you have leaves to jump in. We've got dirt and stickers!! YIPEE! Guess we'll have some cold white stuff to play in when we head your way (if we end up heading that way--still haven't heard from you).

Morgie said...

We are going to get some snow this year probably. I know this because one year it doesn't snow, next year it snows, next year it doesn't. Last year we didn't have any snow. So this year we probably will!

Cluffers said...

I love the leaves too. To bad you got rid of them but yeah for snow. I cant wait to go play in the snow

Tiffani said...

Snow!? It can't snow there, the leaves have just started falling here. I am not finished with fall yet! Besides, I am not equiped for snow when we come that way in a few weeks.

Tryin' to keep up said...

Fall is just beginning what are you saying goodbye for? We are just deciding it's getting too cool for swimming and you are preparing for snow. Something is way out of wack here!