Monday, March 2, 2009

Something to Remember

On Friday, the kids had gone to school so Brooke and I decided to have some breakfast. Brooke requested Marshmallow Mateys. I decided to have some eggs like I had fixed the kids earlier. As I sat down with my steaming plate of eggs, Brooke had slurped her last bite of cereal and began climbing over the bar stools to get to me. She told me that she wanted a taste of my breakfast. Knowing Brooke as well as I do, this meant she wanted to sit on my lap and eat off of my fork and eat my breakfast. I told her this is my breakfast and she had just finished hers. She looked at me so serious and said, " mom, Jesus wants you to share." Now I wonder where she got that from? Maybe because I am constantly telling her to share her stuff and that Jesus wants her to share with others. Well I guess that came back to bite me on the behind! So I did what Jesus would want me to do and I shared. After She was done with the bite that I gave her, she said again, Mom, Jesus wants you to share. So I gave her another bite. This continued until my plate was empty. I can't say I got much to eat in fact maybe 2 bites, so I ended up making myself a new plate of eggs. The moral of this story is don't teach your kids something unless your willing to do it too! I love my little Brookeee. I'm glad she reminds me what Jesus wants me to do!

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I definitely have not taught this principle to my children, thank goodness so I don't have to share anything on the account of Jesus...unless I think of the great example Brooke just showed. Cute story.

Cluffers said...

Good job Brooke, way to show your mom how to finally share. It has taken me years to have her share with me. I guess it takes a cute little red head to do it!

The Calico Crew said...

I shared this story with the boys on FHE and they just laughed at what Brooke said. Maybe it was the way i said Brooke said it....maybe.

Morgie said...

Oh my gosh! i was laughing so hard at the little story. Brooke is a funny cousin! hahahaha