Tuesday, March 31, 2009

911

Brooke has become my personal secretary. The minute the phone rings she is beating everyone to the phone. She even loves to steal the cell phones and send a text to all who are willing to receive her text. The problem is.... she likes to answer telemarketer calls and she will hide anywhere so that she can continue being a secretary. I was busy yesterday talking on my cell phone with Cheri and working on the computer trying to get my scouting stuff done. I had only been out of the shower for twenty minutes so my hair was trying to dry when the door bell rang. Of course Brooke comes booking it down the hall to answer the door. When I turned the corner, I noticed lights flashing and a police officer was in my drive way. I said to Cheri, what the heck a cop is here. I opened the door and the officer asked if everything was okay. I told him yes. He said that a call had been placed to 911 and they had tried to call back but only got buttons being pushed. I told him it had to have been my little girl. He said, "oh is she in preschool and just learned about 911". I said "no, she is only 2". I couldn't believe it, how did she manage to push those numbers together. The officer was nice to her and told her not to play on the phone. I talked to Brooke after he left and told her that playing with the phone was naughty. She didn't cry but she hung her head and went straight to the bean bag. She was sulking. Before I knew it she was asleep. After she woke up, I asked her if she remembered what she did. She remembered and then said, "I HATE COPS." It made me chuckle because first of all the only time she has heard the word cop, was when I was talking to Cheri, telling her a cop was here. And second because she was the one who had been naughty. Hopefully that is the last time we have to deal with a cop. Unfortunately that is the 3rd time that 911 has been called from our house in Grantsville. So when it is a real emergency, they won't come because they will know our kids have been playing on the phone.

5 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I too feel your 911 pain. My boys are very familiar with the buttons. My first one was when Payton was 2 and Porter had just been born. Luckily it was Todd's uncle that came to check on us. Made me feel dumb but love the 2 year olds. I wish it could stop there but Payton just called 911 while we were at Todd's g-ma and g-pa's in Enterprise LAST YEAR! I'm hoping it was because of peer pressure! Naughty Brooke!!

Cluffers said...

That is great! I hate cops too. jk I bet it hasn't stopped Brooke from using the phone, she has too many examples of siblings that are always on the phone.

Tiffani said...

of all the buttons she could push. . . how do they always push those 3 buttons in the right order?

Becca said...

Hi Trudi,
It's Becca Jones. I just came across your blog today, and this post is so fitting in my life right now. My 5 year old has called 911 3 times in about 10 days. Each time I explain to them that I am ok. I love that each time they have asked if I am able to speak freely. The last time I told her if she called again when there wasn't really an emergency then the police would come and give Mommy a ticket and I would get in big trouble. So far so good, but now I am much more careful where I put my cell phone! I am glad that I am not the only one this has happened to.

Morgie said...

When I was 7 I went to my cousin Logan's baptism and Maddelyn, Logan's sister, was playing with me and shes a few months older than me and there was a hook up phone thing and she punched in 911 and i was like maddie, hang up the phone. she didnt hang up the phone and she put the ohne away when they started talking and then the cops came. She made up a lie and said it was brooklyn a different cousin. Not Brooklyn Wilson. BROOKLYN HAFEN!