Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to school.....and I'm lovn it:)


 
Tomorrow it will be officially one week since the kids went back to school.  It was a rough start, but since today was the first day that my kids have been at school all day. I can say..... I'm lovn it.  I know I should be sad that all my children are in school all day, but I'm not.  I don't think the problem is having all my kids home, its the thousands (or so it seems) of friends that are over every day.  Last week brook had early out every day because of first grade testing.  I then became the go to house for all of the first graders and preschool kids to come and play.  Needless to say I didn't see the greatness of school til today.  Jase also struggled making the change to Jr. High.  I think he was more tired the whole week.  He would come home griping about the bus, this and that class.  Today... no gripes:)  I can't believe what a person can accomplish when there are no kids around to distract from what one wants to accomplish.  I walked for an hour and a half (too long)  worked on my lesson.  Cleaned all the bathrooms, and cleaned the house.  Worked on my lesson again, did some volleyball club stuff, weeded outside, showered and now I am writing about back to school.  I still have a half an hour before they are home.  Yea me!!!  The Sunday before school started, I had the kids fill out a questionnaire about them.  Then they decorated signs that told what grade they were going in.







 Then next night was Monday and Mike gave them a fathers blessing.  Then they were off to bed...late of course.  This is Tuesday morning before they left to go to school.
Mandy couldn't dress up.  She had to wear her volleyball warm up and her student government shirt because she was representing her class as 10th grade VP and they had a volleyball game in Payson. 

Jase was looking like he finally cared how he looked.  I think he loved his new shoes the most!
Ellie was nervous and excited to have Mr. Larsen.  She has never had a male teacher.
 
Brook started first grade.  All day finally.  She of course loved her new zebra outfit.... me too!!
 
 



On pinterest I read about a mom who made her kids giant cookies the first day of school.  I thought this would be a fun thing to do.  So here is my attempt at a giant cookie.
 

1 comment:

The Calico Crew said...

How could it be that you wrote this over a week ago and I am just now reading it? We sure missed you and these cute kids at the reunion. I'm glad you're enjoying the 'no kids at home' thing. Only problem is that you will probably posting all these cute projects you do while they are at school and I will just look at them and think, hmmm. She's awesome. Someday. Someday.