Sunday, June 21, 2009

June is almost gone



I swear that school just got out and before I know it school will be starting again. So this is what we have been doing so far this summer..... Birthday, birthday and then birthday.

Brooke started June off with her birthday. She got all her most favorite things (bubbles, bubble gum, and play doh.) Such an easy birthday. Thank goodness, because the next day we had a birthday party for Ashley. She "only" invited 15 teenagers but it was amazing how there ended up being so many more. She claims they were not invited and just showed up. Well 4 lrg. bags of chips, 4 bags of popcorn 10 packages of candy, 6 2 liters of pop, cookies and cupcakes later, we survived a ton of teenagers celebrating Ashley's birthday 6 days early. The next week Ash began weight training and running and helping 3 hours a day at the elementary summer school. (She thinks that she probably doesn't want to be a teacher.) Then she had basketball camp then softball practice. When Ash got home she was pooped! Open gym for volleyball on Tuesday and Thursday. The rest of us went to the Movie's on Tuesday. Mandy had softball practice that night. While she was at practice, I went with Mike to shop for the food that he needed for youth conference. The rain began to fall while we were at Wal-mart. Mandy called saying practice was over. She was able to hitch a ride to Wal-mart. Ashley had her birthday on Thursday. I took her out for lunch and then after open gym, we came home to lit candles on her cake. She got a straightner and a new battery for her phone. (her dad vows he won't buy her a new phone.) Then next two days were crazy because of Mike being in charge of the meals for our ward youth conference. He survived and learned many things that he hopes he doesn't ever do again. Sunday began another week. I got a new calling. I am in the youngest nursery. I still have my scout calling but they informed me I wouldn't have 2 for much longer. I survived nursery and so did the kids. It was Ellie's birthday also. Instead of a cake, she requested 4 custard pies. With her pies, she got a water slide that she had to wait till the next day to try out. Now we began a new week. Repeating the last week events except no youth conference and no basketball camp. We just threw in a few more softball practices and the softball tournament that started Friday morning at 8:00 in the morning. (This is why we didn't want to do all-stars.) Well the end of the tournament got canceled because of rain. So we will finish things on Monday or Tuesday. Thank goodness it is a local tournament. Also, last Wednesday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. The kids loved the temple and thought it was so pretty inside. I told Mike I felt like a cow being moved through as quickly as possible. I am sure that is the way they have to do it in order to allow all the people that want to see it be able to see it. After the temple, we went out to eat. Jase said that was the best day ever. I am glad they loved their trip. Today is Father's day so 2 more custard pies were made for the great dad that lives here. Nursery went well. Maybe because we only had 3 kids there.
So throw in laundry, yard work that has been hard to do because of rain, cleaning the house, organizing the garage and all the other little things that need to be done, no wonder that June is almost over.










2 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I'm glad you have some excuse for the lack of blogging. I wonder what Tiff is going to come up with to try and top you! I love little Nutmeg--she needs to come visit her favorite aunt (and be reminded who her favorite aunt is)

Cluffers said...

I would not love to have your busy crazy schedule. I think I shall stay with one child so I dont have to be running here and there so much.