Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008















So Christmas has come and gone (as a matter of fact, it came at 5:30 in the morning)This is the picture I got when I turned on the lights to tell them to go back to bed. and what do I have to show for it..... well, a third garage full of empty boxes and happy kids. Today I was asked how my Christmas was. I replied," that my kids were happy, so I was happy." This year out of all the years I felt like we had not wasted our money on anything. I was very careful to think.... would this be a waste of money. There were times I put things back and decided it was not important or not needed. The only thing that really hasn't been touched much is Mandy's guitar. It might just take a while before she decides its a real cool gift. (This of course was more of her father's idea.) This Christmas .... In Ashley's words were, .... no freakin way, no freakin way. She actually was surprised by her Christmas. This was of course her new ipod. Mike and I looked at the list and decided two days before Christmas that she needed something else. Believe me it was worth 150.00 to have happiness in our home. Mandy got a cell phone, Jase a magic kit, rocket, spiro game, bike, etc. Ellie got a bike and a pogo stick. Brooklyn got some animals, blocks, bubbles, candy bracelets and her most favorite was a scooter. You can find her pushing her scooter and singing songs as she slowly glides down the hall. It is so much fun to see her grow up. Mike got a new sound system for his guitars, (thanks to parents,) and I got a new cricut and a saw. And let me not forget, ...we got a wii. This has been fun for all. Mike needs to work on his tennis game though. (he claims he is good at tennis but the video shows differently.So, another Christmas has come and gone but it was a very fun and not too stressful of a Christmas. Now, is there someone who would like to pay my credit card bill!

3 comments:

Morgie said...

What is the credit card bill? I'm not going to pay it, just wondering. If it's like $1, i could pay that. yeah. Mandy and I like to text.

The Calico Crew said...

Tell mike to work on his form..that's all he's lacking. I mean watch mandy and watch mike. He needs to slump in the shoulders a bit more. As far as the credit card bill, just think of all those points you've made for next years christmas purchases!

Tiffani said...

Nice snort at the beginning of the video Gurt. At least Mike stays true to his form, no slacking off just because it is a video game. The kids look a little excited for Christmas, either that or the liget is too bright.