Sunday, July 18, 2010

Swimming like freakn fish

Okay, not a nice title, but I took it from Ellie's swimming teacher. The last two weeks, we have lived at Deseret Peak for swimming lessons. Brooke was in the beginners class, Ellie is level 3 and Jase level 5. Jase has spent the last 2 weeks swimming laps. I am amazed he passed. He was suppose to be in level 4 but the class was full so they bumped him to level 5. He can swim good, just not as fast with some of the strokes as the others that are in his class. Ellie according to her teacher can swim like a freakn fish. She can swim quite well. When it comes to diving, she has no fear. She can even do a back flip off of the diving board. (not that it is required in swimming lessons.) Then there is Brooke. Before swimming lessons, she practiced in the shower with me shooting the water at her face. She would blow the air out and not plug her nose. She worked on it at swimming lessons and was able to go under the water without plugging her nose. When we would stay after, she would walk around the water and dive under the water. It was hard keeping track of that girl. Most of the time I would spot her behind before her face cuz she was always under the water. I enjoy swimming lessons cuz it makes me get out in the sun and get some sun. I am as tan as Mandy. She can't believe it. She thinks I am more red than tan. We will see in a week or so.




This weekend has brought another softball game. Ellie's team played in the Riverton tournament. They are one of those teams that can beat all the bad teams but fall apart against the great teams. Some of those girls are bigger than Mandy. (and have boobs) Ellie especially struggles. When her team starts getting beat her emotions get the best of her and so does the pressure. The throws are off and when she screws up the tears come. I am glad that she is so competitive but she is to the extreme. I am sure that it doesn't help that she has to change how she throws in order to play third. Her arm is meant to be a short stop or second baseman. She has to release higher in order to make the throw. Hopefully she will learn to just have fun and not stress about the game so much. I just want her to do her best.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Are boobs an indication of a good softball player? You need to bring your little fish down to swim with my little fish! What do you say Eh?

The Calico Crew said...

I knew you would have to have some kind of softball in the post. But hey, at least you are making posts! You're making me feel a bit lazy. (not to mention guilty for not putting my fish in swim lessons. I say let 'em drown if they can't swim!) ;)